During our trip to Sedona last summer, we visited an interesting structure in the midst of a desert.
It is located in a rugged, yet beautiful terrain, perched among the red rocks.
This building is the Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona, Arizona. The church was designed by Marguerite Bruswig Staude, a student of the famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. The chapel was completed in 1956, built on two pinnacled spur rocks about 250 feet high.
The structure is a testimony of great architectural achievement and an impressive monument of faith.
It is also a great place of meditation, where weary pilgrims can find rest and renew their faith.